|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||RU applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Program Type:||Study Abroad-RC|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing:||apartment (shared), home stay|
|Current Class Standing:||Junior, Senior, Sophomore||Area of Study:||Anthropology, Business Administration-General, Business Administration-International Business, Business Administration-Management, Business Administration-Marketing, Environmental Studies|
|Student Eligibilty:||Regis College Students||Program Category:||Affiliate|
Being one of the twenty largest cities in the world has its benefits. Buenos Aires offers a vibrant theater district, shops, and dynamic neighborhoods. Stately architecture and a steady influx of European immigrants have earned it the nickname Paris of South America. With a population of 13 million, Buenos Aires offers a rich array of educational and cultural opportunities.
Experience Buenos Aires your way by customizing your study abroad experience through our Open Campus program with an English-language program designed for students at US universities. Take one, two, or three six-week blocks for your perfect amount of intensive study and cultural engagement, select your academic track from six options, then pick your courses from a wide range of subject areas.
BECOME A "PORTEÑO"
and experience the city like a local. Visit museums, participate in festivals, attend rival club soccer matches, go to film exhibits, walk along the famous Rio de la Plata, and visit its green parks.
the old port area of La Boca and see where this district, nestled in the mouth of the Riachuelo River, got its influence.
outside of the classroom on weekend Study Tours and experience the Argentine countryside.
Excursions & Activities
During your Open Campus Program you'll engage in a number of activities.
- Participate in an overnight Study Tour in Argentina during each block. Students may visit different sites outside the city of Buenos Aires to explore the differences between the city and the countryside, such as ancient indigenous treasures, breathtaking mountain scenery, vast salt flats, and much more.
- Enjoy Buenos Aires like a local, by attending a festival or a soccer match or simply be a witness of a rich Latin American culture in motion with tango dance and live theatre performances.
- Take advantage of nearby sites of interest that provide participants with a broader understanding of the region.
- Get involved in the city's vibrant live by joining a student club or a sports team.
Projects, Volunteer Opportunities, or Internships
- Volunteer Opportunities: volunteer at a local nonprofit or non-governmental organization involved in social policy, human rights, community service, and public health matters, among others. Responsibilities may include teaching English to children of low socio-economic communities, help people with disabilities, support the work of a city library, or coordinate local/regional conferences.
Students interested in one of the following Academic Projects must submit additional materials as part of their course selection:
- Service-Learning combine course-based learning with practical, relevant project experience to meet a community-defined need.
- Research: pursue a research project of your own design incorporating independent and local fieldwork.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Buenos Aires's society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight study tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|